Do I Need a Lawyer?
First Ask Yourself 5 Questions
If you answer any of the following questions yes you need to
dig further to determine whether you really need a lawyer.
1. Is my liberty at stake - can I go to jail?
2. Is my property at stake - can I lose my property?
3. Is my money at stake - can I lose my money?
4. Is the same true for any family member?
5. Is my job at stake - can I lose my job or employment?
Each one of these subject matters require a separate analysis
and you should consult further guides before you conclude that
you need or do not need a lawyer.
Many people think that anything involving the law, the legal
system or the courts requires a lawyer. Nothing could be
further from the truth. On the other hand you need to be
careful to determine if you really need a lawyer and
if you do make sure you get a good one.
by Judge Arthur M. Monty Ahalt (Ret.) -